Add a gateway

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Thu Mar 11 14:16:19 PST 2004

On Thursday 11 March 2004 01:59 pm, Darryl Hoar wrote:
> Greetings,
> I am running FreeBSD 4.7-stable on a computer.  It is
> configured to be my firewall.  My IPS changed the
> technology to access my DSL.  How do I define a gateway
> for an interface ?

#added for system operation
gateway_enable="YES"             # Set to YES if this host will be a
gateway.
defaultrouter="207.41.94.1"

You have to have an IP address in that network or use DHCP.

The last would be your gateway address. I think there is more to your
question that what you asked :). Are you using PPoE or does your
network come up like mine does. I can't comment on how to make DHCP
work :).

Kent

--
Kent Stewart