Unable to mount .iso image using md(4)

Wayne Sierke ws+freebsd-questions at au.dyndns.ws
Thu Mar 11 08:11:25 PST 2004

I don't seem to be able to mount any .iso images on 5.2-RELEASE:

# mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /root/tomsrtbt_1_7_361.iso
md0
# mount_cd9660 /dev/md0 /mnt
mount_cd9660: /dev/md0: Invalid argument
# mdconfig -l
md0
#

I get the same result on two different systems (both 5.2-RELEASE but not
identical installations, one is my server, the other a workstation).
I've tried a few .iso images, including the one used to burn the
5.2-RELEASE CD that these systems were installed from.

I couldn't locate any bug reports, are there any know issues? Anything
else I can check/try?

Wayne