Amavis-Stats.

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Wed Mar 10 18:04:20 PST 2004

On Mar 10, 2004, at 2:29 AM, Julien Gabel wrote:

>> :-/  I really am a little bit too far into the configuration of the
>> 4.9 server to update to a 5.x server...isn't 4.9 the recommended
>> production release from Freebsd.org?
>
> Yes, it is.
>
>> To me, it looks like Perl isn't finding an end-of-line (;) somewhere
>> or isn't seeing the script file properly formatted.  Or he had
>> another version of Perl installed, or a module from CPAN that I
>> don't have?... :-(
>
> For the moment, I can just say that on a FreeBSD-5.2.1 the warings.pm
> module is located under /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/. I got nothing
> under a FreeBSD-4.8 (i.e. /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503/).
>
> My first impression is that the perl version installed whith 4.X isn't
> sufficiently recent to be used with this script, but:
>  1/ I don't know perl (read: I can't debug the output);
>  2/ The proposed tutorial was written using 4.9, so...
>
> Waiting for the answer of the writer...

I've been in touch with the author of the amavis-stats tutorial for
4.9.  He had a ports 5.8 perl installed, and I am in the process of
getting it "configured" on my system here to get it working (to get
other ports that rely on perl to keep working after changing
versions...)

Thanks to everyone who tried helping me out...I'm much closer now to
getting amavis-stats to work.  I just have a little more testing to do
then I'll email him back with how/whether it works (he wants to edit
his instructions for others trying to get it working...)

thanks again!
-Bart