Server access using Samba from out side LAN.

samy lancher washville2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 10:55:01 PST 2004

Hey guys,

I have a FreeBSD server and windows XP workstations in our LAN network.I use samba to access server files from XP machines. Very soon, I will be having a windows XP system outside our LAN that needs access to our FreeBSD server. Is there any way i can access the server data from that XP system the same way as i do from my workstations in our LAN. As far as i know, samba only works with the computers in same LAN, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Naveen