rc script timing issues?

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Wed Mar 10 06:23:22 PST 2004

I thought that under /usr/local/etc/rc.d every starts alphabetically (weird
word :P)
so you could try and start the mysql package as a_mysql.sh or something so
that it is processed earlier on, i have exactly the same issue, my
webservers etc all come up {using SQL, but SQL is started later on, even the
ldconfig hasn't been done yet at that stage, so he
cant find the libraries and so on, causing my mailserver to fail as well }

So, you could try that {did not check it yet myself}

Cheers

--

Kind regards,

Remko Lodder