(Marty Landman) We do not process mail for spammers - using FROM ADDRESS

Alex de Kruijff akruijff at dds.nl
Wed Mar 10 03:07:42 PST 2004

Hi all,

Today I recieved another mail with the subject: "Delivery Notification:
Delivery has failed". It seems that there a number of ppl on this list
who think that they can look at the from address and see if someone is a
spammer or not. I thougth that everybody on his list should know better
than that.

I am not a spammer!! I use this mail address only on FreeBSD list.
Spammers can and do harvest it from the web because the contence of the
lists are published on to the web.

Remote-MTA: dns;mail.face2interface.com
 (TCP|195.121.6.37|51553|216.157.5.252|25)
 (www6.web2010.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.10/8.9.0; Tue, 9 Mar 2004
  18:38:18 -0500 [EST])
Diagnostic-code: smtp;550 5.7.1 <freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl>... We do not
process mail for spammers dds.nl

If you want to block mail from spammers please use spammassassin or a IP
based system, but don't go on the FROM address. That is so easy to fake.

--
Alex