Cron job without emailing errors to root?

phoetoid at pyrospheric.net phoetoid at pyrospheric.net
Tue Mar 9 20:31:12 PST 2004

A quick question--
I run MRTG for many boxes on my network at five minute intervals, and I am
seeing massive amounts of email filling up roots inbox due to boxes that
are currently offline for the night or something.

What I am wondering is, is if there is a way to still have the entries in
me /etc/crontab to run MRTG at 5 minute intervals without having any
output emailed out. can i make it come out to concole instead? anything to
get it from emailing would be great as I am seeing ~2000 messages a day :/

Many thanks