Java installation: pdmu not found

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 16:04:46 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 12:30:05AM +0100, Sven Hohage wrote:
> I've tried your detailed descriptions.
> Unfortunately portupgrade -a stopped with libxml2 not being up to date.
> My Portupgrade also had a mistake(probably with ruby) and I followed the
> advice in /usr/ports/UPDATING.
> I've upgraded perl to 5.8 and deinstalled Perl 5.61 .
> Also libxml2 was updated.
> But when I now try to portupgrade -ra p5-DBI complaints about not
> finding perl-5.6.1.
> It tries to fetch the 5.61 files (time out of date) but can't get them.
> Well what should I do now.
> Deinstall Perl 5.8?
> In the UPDATING text it seems to  that the dependencies are solved..

So, apart from the problem with perl, everything else has managed to
update OK?  That's good.

You should run 'pkgdb -F' to make sure all of the dependency settings
are correct in your package database.

perl is a particular problem when you update to a different base
version.  That's primarily because all of the modules get installed
into a directory labelled with the perl version number. The @PERLINC
array should be set automatically to account for that, but I find that
it's best to recompile all of the perl modules etc. so they get
installed by the updated version of perl.  Here's a slightly hackish
way to do that:

    # portupgrade -f \
        `find /usr/local/lib/perl5/{site_perl/,}5.6.1 -type f -print0 | \
         xargs -0 pkg_which | sort -u | grep -v '\?\|perl-5.6.1'`

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way