bootup takes forever due to ACPI problems...

Kenneth Andresen kenneth at cancun.net
Tue Mar 9 14:41:00 PST 2004

Hello all,

I have recently installed FreeBSD 5.2.1 on my Armada E500 laptop, and
most things seems to work excellent. That is with exception of the ACPI
detection.

The ACPI detection did detect that I have an Compaq Armada, and it does
detect my primary battery, however it seems to go on probing for more
batteries, and seems to have some problems detecting the ac power
something as well where it simply say done on the 7th try. These three
problems delay the bootup with 2 minutes+ which is quite anoying...

How can I disable the probing of additional bateries, or how am I
supposed to use the dump function to resolve the problems myself?