squirrel/qmail/quota question ??

rfa at msumain.edu.ph rfa at msumain.edu.ph
Tue Mar 9 02:55:07 PST 2004

I was recently assigned to take charge of creation of email accounts and
maintenance and just hit a problem.

I don't have any mail experience yet[and very minimal bsd experience], and
still reading the documentation, also the previous admin is not around. I
deduced from pkg_info that we have

courier-imap-1.7.1
qmail-1.03_1
squirrelmail-1.4.0

running the mail processes. They are working fine, although I received an
important email with a 1.2MB attachment and wanted to read that.
Unfortunately, when I access that, it says

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 9437240 bytes exhausted at (null):0
(tried to allocate 79 bytes) in
/usr/local/www/data-dist/webmail/functions/mime.php on line 113

So now I'm stuck with a large file and no way to access it. I'm not sure
if this is a quota problem but i ran #quota -v and it shows

Filesystem usage quota limit grace files quota limit grace
/var 7638 0 0 511 0 0

so i dont think its a quota problem although im not sure.
i did manage to get the file though and try putting it my mailbox although
it seems that the same problem arises.

I only actually want to get the document attached to the file so I can
forward that to the real recipient....

If anyone can help, it would be great. [My head is splitting reading all
the documentation and experimenting and it seems all for naught!]