cross-compiling

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Mar 8 13:48:56 PST 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:03:47PM +0100, Soeren Mindorf wrote:

> I change to 5.2/src and start the build:
>
> make -DNO_KERBEROS TARGET_ARCH="sparc64" buildworld

That is correct.

> But I read that I should use ARCH="sparc64".

Where did you read this?

> On every install I become the following error:

> ===> include
> creating osreldate.h from newvers.sh
> touch: not found
> *** Error code 127

This error is not specific to cross-building, but it means that
'installworld' couldn't find the OBJDIR that your world was built
into.  By default this is a subdirectory of /usr/obj: you'll need to
mount this on the target as well, and specify its location with
MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX.

I think this is all documented in a handbook chapter on installing
world on another machine via nfs.

Kris