BSD Question

Tosin A. Atolagbe atolagbe at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 07:38:41 PST 2004

Hi,

My name is Tosin and I just have three questions regarding the FreeBSD operating system?

I intend on starting a business in the summer and I plan on using a secure operating system (definitely not MS Windows).

1.  Is FreeBSD useful for a desktop environment for people to use in a workplace, (e.g. secretary, accountant, and manager) ?

2.  Is FreeBSD completely free to download and use for commercial use? If so, are there licensing issues to worry about?

3.  Is FreeBSD a 64bit operating system, because I may also think of having a lot of the projects on a server for accessing from other computers or even at home?

Thank you.

- Tosin A. Atolagbe, MPH