recomended mail server

Gary gv-list-freebsdquestions at mygirlfriday.info
Sun Mar 7 16:31:07 PST 2004

Hi Micheas,

--On Sunday, March 07, 2004 04:23:27 PM -0800 Micheas Herman
<micheas at freep.org> wrote:

> I have a specific set of wants for a new mail server:
>
>      1. deliveries to Maildirs.
>      2. authenticated forwarding. (can forward to another mail server
>         using authentication)
>

> Qmail doesn't do authenticated forwarding without being patched.

by "auth forwarding" do you mean relaying?  If so, qmail certainly does
allow it, via host-based relaying through tcp.smtp cdb... you can allow
specific, or a range of IP addresses. Or... with auth relaying, you do not
have to patch, and can use an add-on - relay-ctrl..

--
Gary