Fixing (scsi) drives at particular /dev locations

scion+fbsdq at webrelay.net scion+fbsdq at webrelay.net
Sun Mar 7 14:37:17 PST 2004

Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 11:59:43 +0000
From: Matthew Seaman <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk>

>> 	hint.da.0.at="ahc1"
>
>Close, but no cigar.  See the section on "SCSI DEVICE CONFIGURATION"
>in /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES.  What you want is:
>
>    hint.scbus.0.at="ahc1"
>    hint.scbus.1.at="ahc0"
>    hint.da.0.at="scbus0"
>    hint.da.0.target="0"
>    hint.da.0.unit="0"
>
>which swaps the ordering of the SCSI busses, and wires down da0 to bus
>0, target 0, LUN 0.  You could probably get away with just the first
>two lines, as the rest should be the default anyhow.

I went looking in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf instead, oops!

What threw me though was there was no scbus identified in
the boot messages. Boot output goes like this:

da0 at ahc0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da1 at ahc0 bus 0 target 1 lun 0

But I tried what the Good Doctor ordered, and now I feel fine!

Thanks!!!

-sam