linux-opera with anti-alias

Jud judmarc at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 6 17:03:16 PST 2004

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:40:17 +0100, Peter Hollaubek <fifteen at inext.hu>
wrote:

> Has anyone succeeded to use the linux-opera port with anti-aliased fonts?
> During installation it says the WITH_XFT2 variable should be set to
> enable
> aa fonts, and it does install the additional linux packages, though the
> fonts are rendered as usual. I've also tried setting the QT_XFT variable
> with
> no effect.

Opera uses an older method of anti-aliasing which involves use of an
XftConfig file.  Though the document at the URL below describes a NetBSD
setup, it will work on FreeBSD, and Linux-Opera will be able to display
anti-aliased fonts if they are selected in fonts preferences.  I find the
Bitstream Vera fonts give a very nice appearance.

HTH,

Jud