no prefix errors.

Lute Mullenix lute at cableone.net
Sat Mar 6 07:38:52 PST 2004

I am having problems with portupgrade not being able to install
newer versions of my installed ports because the old version
will not deinstall. Here is the output from a forced deinstall
of bonobo.

agnes# pkg_deinstall -f bonobo-1.0.22
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb1_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 443
packages found (-1 +0) (...) done]--->  Deinstalling
'bonobo-1.0.22' pkg_delete: package 'bonobo-1.0.22' is required
by these other packages and may not be deinstalled (but I'll
delete it anyway): bonobo-conf-0.16_1
gal-0.24_1
gnomedb-0.2.96_2
gnucash-1.8.8_1
gtkhtml-1.1.10_3
guppi-0.40.3_4
libgda-0.2.96_2
libglade-0.17_3
py-gtk-0.6.10_1
pkg_delete: package 'bonobo-1.0.22' doesn't have a prefix
** The following packages were not deinstalled (*:skipped /
!:failed)        ! bonobo-1.0.22 (pkg_delete failed)

I have two or three that do this to me, and with bonobo, it is
causing problems with dependency issues. Can someone please
tell me what is going on here, and what I can do about it?

Thank you.

--
 Lute