segmentation fault - jdk4

Michael Sig Birkmose michael at gisp.dk
Sat Mar 6 05:52:01 PST 2004

I have been experiecing similar problems with 5.2.1.
I noticed when compiling gnome2, which depends on a *lot* of other
packages, gcc simply segfaults a lot. To solve it I just started compiling
again, and the gcc would seg fault again. I continued typing make install
a looot of time until everything was compiled.

However when I compiled smaller projects like pico, bash etc., I had no
problems. Maybe there is some kind of memory leek in the gcc 3.3 version
on fbsd 5.2.1?

I don't think I have a hardware problem either.
Right now I am installing 4.9 on the box, since I found the gcc segfault
behaviour unacceptable. I hope I wont experience the same kind of problems
again...

Cheers,

--
Michael Birkmose