FreeBSD 5.2.1 and Bluetooth

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Fri Mar 5 20:49:50 PST 2004

> We will shortly be starting some development with bluetooth and I'm
> looking to setting up a workstation dedicated for that.  This
> workstation will also be used for palm os development since that is part of
> the same project so the workstation needs to be somewhat stable for
> that.  Is the bluetooth support in FreeBSD 5.x well developed?  The main
> protocols we need are RFCOMM and HID support.  I've heard some problems
> with FreeBSD 5.2 as far as stability, but are they mostly fixed in
> FreeBSD 5.2.1 or should I just go with Debian Linux for all of this.

FWIW I have successfully connected to the internet via GPRS over bluetooth
with a Nokia 7650 and the built-in USB adapter in the IBM T40p. It seems to
run stable (well except for the buggy-in-general phone). Dunno about HID
though.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org