xterm

Sergey 'DoubleF' Zaharchenko doublef at tele-kom.ru
Fri Mar 5 20:40:51 PST 2004

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:21:24 +0800
Stephen Liu <satimis at icare.com.hk> probably wrote:

> - snip -
> > you might check into setting options for xterm in the .Xdefaults
> > file of your home directory...
>
> Hi Aaron,
>
> Kindly advise where can I find .Xdefaults.  I found
> /home/user/.Xauthority but I can' read it

The last time I used .Xdefaults it was named .Xresources:) If there
isn't one, create it.

$ cat ~/.Xresources
.xterm.vt100.deleteIsDEL: true
.xterm.vt100.eightBitOutput: true
.xterm.vt100.font: -xos4-terminus-bold-r-normal--24-240-72-72-c-120-koi8-r

The '.xterm.vt100.font' is what you need to change to use another
default font. Naturally, you can use xfontsel to generate a `fontline'
for you.

Be sure to put an `xrdb ~/.Xresources' line in your
.xsession/.xinitrc/whatever X startup script.

Changes will be applied on next login (to apply them earlier, run the
xrdb command manually). HTH,

--
DoubleF
"But don't you worry, its for a cause -- feeding global corporations