GUI-related questions.

Vulpes Velox kitbsdlists at HotPOP.com
Fri Mar 5 16:32:35 PST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 00:51:41 -0800
Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

> 	Hi,
>
> 	Before I launch into my new DNS server, I thought I'd try
> 	Gnome and KDE.  I still do most things in terminals, by
> 	CLI rather than GUI.  Here I use ctwm and have my workspaces
> 	configured with many xterms/workspace.  I've hand-coded at
> 	least three different sized xterms.  Is there a way of having
> 	various sized terms in Gnome andor KDE?

Same as under any other window manager... put the mouse over the
window, hold down alt, right-click and drag till you like it. In Xterm
you can easily change the font size by holding down control and right
clicking on it.

> 	Another issue is that somehow I lost libintl.so.5.  What
> 	builds this library?  I borrowed it from another server;
> 	it was in one of the compat libs, IIRC.

Long Story short... this happens when the gettext got updated... I am
guessing you cvsuped and then did a portupgrade -a or something... You
can fix this quickly by finding the libintl.so.6, iirc the newest one,
and create a sym link pointing to it from libintl.so.5... or you could
recompile all apps that depend on it by doing a portupgrade -rRf
gettext...

> 	The CD's I installed 5.2 from have KDE-3.1.4; for some reason
> 	the latest rev of KDE refuses to upgrade.  I was using
> 	portupgrade, remotely.  Any idea why 3.2.0 won't install?

What is the error?