FreeBSD scanning slides

Dave xtalsinger at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 14:08:42 PST 2004

Hi folks,

I'm looking to replace an old scanner which died.  It has a white light
and colour scanning element and worked well enough for me to scan in
negatives and slides without any special addons etc.

I've been through the list at www.sane-project.org to see what might be my
best low cost replacement since I'd very much like it to work with FreeBSD
to reduce my depandacny on Windows, but after spending a great deal of
time searching I'm find it almost impossible to identify which scanners
use a white light and not that horrible RGB flashing LED thing (which I
have experience of and is not suitable for transparencies.

Price *is* an object, so I'm hoping some of you people may be able to
suggest a suitable FreeBSD/Sane compatible scanner for me which is low in
cost.  Note that I'm in the UK and am prepared to search ebay.co.uk etc
for second hand units.

Thanks

Dave

--
Any speling misteaks are the reult of a bad insallation of mod_spelink.