Starting Mailscanner/Sendmail

Martin Schweizer pcservi at spectraweb.ch
Wed Mar 3 21:38:33 PST 2004

Hello

System: FreeBSD 4.9, Sendmail 8.12.9p2/8.12.8, Mailscanner from ports

I've run into following troubles:
If the system start it starts to much sendmail process (and there occurs error
messages while the system starts). I stop both sendmail process by hand and
start the script mta.sh by hand, the it works. I did set sendmail="NO" (NONE
has the same results) in rc.conf like in the readme file described. But the
system starts a "standard" sendmail process to. If I set in
/etc/defaults/rc.conf sendmail="NONE" the no process will start but there are
some system service who prompt an error messages while he starts. How can I
deal with that problem?

--

Regards,

Martin Schweizer
<info at pc-service.ch>

PC-Service M. Schweizer; Gewerbehaus Schwarz; CH-8608 Bubikon
Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22; http://www.pc-service.ch;
public key : http://www.pc-service.ch/pgp/public_key.asc;
fingerprint: EC21 CA4D 5C78 BC2D 73B7  10F9 C1AE 1691 D30F D239;