Low Profile U320 RAID support

Robert Barten robert at barok.de
Wed Mar 3 16:35:13 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 04:36:07PM -0500, up at 3.am wrote:
> I need to build a newer, faster FBSD server to replace one running RAID 1
> with an Adaptec 2100s and have the following requirements for the RAID
> card:
>
> 1 channel (2 preferable)
> U320 SCSI
> low profile (going into a 2RU box, want to avoid a riser)
> supported by FreeBSD 4.9
>
> I'm not particularly interested in SATA or zero channel solutions unless I
> have no other options (experiences with 0 channel RAID welcome), but I
> can't seem to find anything that meets all of these requirements.
>
> The Adaptec 2200S would be ideal, but alas, there's no FreeBSD driver for
> it.

FreeBSD 5.2.1 Release:

aac0: <Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S> mem 0xf8000000-0xfbffffff irq 16 at
device 4.0 on pci2
aac0: [MPSAFE]
aac0: i960RX 100MHz, 48MB cache memory, optional battery present
aac0: Kernel 4.0-0, Build 6008, S/N b9c0b2
aac0: Supported
Options=1f7e<CLUSTERS,WCACHE,DATA64,HOSTTIME,RAID50,WINDOW4GB,SOFTERR,NORECOND,SGMAP64,ALARM,NONDASD>
aacd0: <RAID 0/1> on aac0

There was a timeout during the initial boot process after installation at
GEOM: create disk aacd0 ... Worked out after a gentle reboot :)
--
Robert Barten