Low Profile U320 RAID support

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Wed Mar 3 13:36:34 PST 2004

Hi:

I need to build a newer, faster FBSD server to replace one running RAID 1
with an Adaptec 2100s and have the following requirements for the RAID
card:

1 channel (2 preferable)
U320 SCSI
low profile (going into a 2RU box, want to avoid a riser)
supported by FreeBSD 4.9

I'm not particularly interested in SATA or zero channel solutions unless I
have no other options (experiences with 0 channel RAID welcome), but I
can't seem to find anything that meets all of these requirements.

The Adaptec 2200S would be ideal, but alas, there's no FreeBSD driver for
it.

Please respond directly, as I am not subscribed to either list.

TIA,

up at 3.am							    http://3.am