Can Not ping Hosts by name when Underscores are Present.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Mar 3 10:57:30 PST 2004

	Thank you very much.  I run our domain name servers and this
fits what I suspected was going on.  bind Version 9 stopped checking
names for illegal characters and I usually try to discourage people
from using them in names, but I thought I had better check to make
sure there wasn't something else afoot before shooting my mouth off.

Martin McCormick