linuxpluginwrapper ERROR

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 10:08:19 PST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 12:09:24PM -0500, Osmany Guirola Cruz wrote:
>  I am installin the linux plugin wrapper and it give me these error
>
> >>The linuxthreads port needs source code for libgcc
> >>Please install FreeBSD source code in /usr/src
> *** Error code 1
>
>  in my /usr/src i have the sys folder .. some weeks ago i compiled the kernel ..... i don't understand these error i think that i have the source code installed.... if these is not the way please HEKP ME

Relax -- no need to panic.

The sys directory contains just the kernel sources, but the
linuxthreads package needs bits of source code from the rest of the
system.  Most people would simply use cvsup(1) to get all of the
system sources (including the kernel sources), however as that comes
to about 315Mb, you may not want to download all that. [Of course,
once you've got the bulk sources, then cvsup is excellent at keeping
them up to date using a minimum amount of network bandwidth].

If you have installation media you should be able to install system
sources from there, or you can take eg. a copy of the
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard.supfile and edit it to only pull
down the 'src-gnu' collection.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way