anyone tried moodle?

rfa at msumain.edu.ph rfa at msumain.edu.ph
Tue Mar 2 07:30:42 PST 2004

i was thinking about setting up an online learning environment for some
students here and remembered moodle.

http://www.moodle.org

i did a #make search name=moodle on my ports and couldn't find anything.
now, has anyone tried this?  im not familiar enough with freebsd and/or
the ports to know whether it is safe to install this on my system so i
just wanna ask around first...

another thing, they had instructions for getting it via CVS:

QUOTE
>From a Unix computer
To connect and login for the first time to the CVS server, you can use
this command:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle login

There is no password - when asked for one, just hit Enter.

To checkout (download) the entire Moodle code for the first time, use this
command:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle co moodle
ENDQUOTE

anyway i tried this but it went like:

su-2.05b# cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/moodle
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: reading from server: Connection reset by peer

What does that mean?  Any ideas on how to fix this?  Although i could just
upload the tar file from my windows box, i am curious about this.

Yours,
Rommel