4.9 kernel error

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Mar 1 12:04:48 PST 2004

Jim McIver wrote:

>I'm trying to build a kernel for 4.9 Freebsd that will work on a 486 or
>pentium machine and can't get past a make depend error.
>
>'don't know how to make bf_enc.c ...Stop
>Error code 2
>
>I've done a minimal install of 4.9, used cvsup to get the lastest /sys
>directory. Copied GENERIC to my kernel name edited out some
>stuff, did config kernelname and can't get make depend to run.

I'm guessing this has to do with your "minimal
install.'

The program that won't make is for the blowfish(3)
encryption algorithm.  You probably didn't get
the /crypto distribution in your minimal install,
and you've not cvsup'ed the entire /src tree and
done "make buildworld", yet, or so I'm guessing.

Doesn't seem likely that just grabbing /sys is
gonna be enough ... but I'm newb enough that
all I can offer is opinions....

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.