em0 Intel Gigabit card, rc.conf processing on boot

Jamie Novak novak at qwest.net
Mon Jun 28 19:43:31 PDT 2004

On 06/28, Michael Clark rearranged the electrons to read:
> Any suggestions on how to do this without DHCP?  That's really not
> an option for me.  Can I delay the rc.conf processing somehow
> so that the adaptor has more time to get online?

You could always put a sleep statement in the relevant /etc/rc* script.
On some of our servers, we added the following two lines to the base
/etc/rc script in the NFS Mounts section, because it would process too
quickly and try to mount (and fail) before the interface came up:

	echo 'Waiting 5 seconds for interface to settle...'
	sleep 5

In our case, it was the ti0 interface, but the concept's the same.

Hope that gives you something to start with, at any rate.

-Jamie