Using sendmail

antenneX antennex at swbell.net
Sun Jun 27 08:00:21 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr>
To: "antenneX" <antennex at swbell.net>
Cc: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: Using sendmail

> On 2004-06-25 10:12, antenneX <antennex at swbell.net> wrote:
> >
> > Giorgos: Thanks for your review of my setup & I did change the IP
for
> > server2 back to 200.200.200.102 -- however, now the emails go
straight
> > though the firewall port on server1 to sendmail on server2 and
> > apparently bypasses sendmail on server1. If it bypasses sendmail on
> > server1, I cannot use greylisting to filter the emails before being
sent
> > over to server2.
> >
> > I'm still missing something here.....
>
> I'm afraid I haven't kept notes about your network setup, the name and
> IP address of each server involved, and their Sendmail options.
>
> Can you, please, show me what these commands print?

Giorgos: Thanks for your patience and willingness to help.

As far as sendmail (8.12.11) options, my configs are pretty much "out of
the box" except for the spamassassin & majordomo addins. I believe below
is all the pertinent info, but if I've missed anything needed, just let
me know:

server1 = franklin-belle.com (gateway/firewall/nat/router)
server2 = antentop.com (server is on same LAN with NAT route from
server1)

sageame at franklin-belle:-) host franklin-belle.com
franklin-belle.com has address 65.68.247.73
franklin-belle.com mail is handled (pri=0) by mail.franklin-belle.com

sageame at franklin-belle:-) host antentop.com
antentop.com has address 65.68.247.75
antentop.com mail is handled (pri=0) by mail.antentop.com

sageame at franklin-belle:-) host -t mx franklin-belle.com
franklin-belle.com mail is handled (pri=0) by mail.franklin-belle.com

sageame at antentop:-) host -t mx antentop.com
antentop.com mail is handled (pri=0) by mail.antentop.com

local-host-names (franklin-belle.com)
franklin-belle.com
mail.franklin-belle.com

local-host-names (antentop.com)