A few X questions (small X load for small drive needed)

Joe Schmoe non_secure at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 14:23:22 PDT 2004

Hi,

I just loaded XFree86-4 from the ports tree on my
laptop, running 5.2.1-RELEASE.

It took about 2.5 gigs of space to compile and add it
all.

Let's say I have a small hard drive in an old laptop,
and let's also assume that I am just loading X to just
have a simple GUI to run opera and terminal windows
on, and don't need a big fancy X server or whatever

What are some options I can add to the standard `make
install` command for that port to significantly reduce
the size of X ?

Any general comments on making a smaller/faster/more
efficient X for an old laptop are greatly appreciated.

thanks.