Courier-imap + Postfix problem

Brent Wiese brently at bjwcs.com
Wed Jun 23 12:34:15 PDT 2004

> Thanks. But now i'm back in the dark. Does anyone have any
> idea what the source of my errors in maillog could be? To
> recap, i'm running postfix and courier-imap and i'm getting
> errors as follows:
>
> maillog:
>
> <Jun 20 15:47:05 server imapd-ssl: Failed to create
> cache
> file: maildirwatch (fre
> Jun 20 15:47:05 server imapd-ssl: Error: Input/output
> error
> Jun 20 15:47:05 server imapd-ssl: Check for proper
> operation and configuration
> Jun 20 15:47:05 server imapd-ssl: of the File Access
> Monitor daemon (famd).
> Jun 20 15:47:05 server imapd-ssl: Failed to create
> cache
> file: maildirwatch (fre
> Jun 20 15:47:05 server imapd-ssl: Error: Input/output
> error
> Jun 20 15:47:05 server imapd-ssl: Check for proper
> operation and configuration
> Jun 20 15:47:05 server imapd-ssl: of the File Access
> Monitor daemon (famd).>
>
> Any info would be great!

I don't have the file your log describes. I don't think its part of courier.
At least not if you installed it from the ports. Or, maybe its only written
temporarily if someone is using imap via ssl (my mail server isn't active
enough on imap-ssl to watch for that).

It looks like maybe you have the File Access Monitor installed
(/usr/ports/devel/fam)... I know nothing about it, but its likely something
misconfigured on it that isn't allowing courier to write the file or
something.