Kernel compiling. gcc stops at warnings

Karim Forsthofer karim_f at xmail.net
Tue Jun 22 13:01:36 PDT 2004

Good evening

I tried to compile a new kernel from my 5.1 bsd cd.
"Config" and "make depend" worked well, but "make" has put
out some warnings about unused functions in npx.c (or something else).
I searched in the newsgroup and found some similar postings to this
subject
It seems to me, that the problem appears when the RealTek pci NIC
device is included in the config file. Someone wrote in the newsgroup,
that gcc works with the wrong compiler flags, that means that the
compiler stops at warnings, but he didn`t mention how the solve this
problem or how to change the flags.
Any suggestions?

Greetings  Karim

***Protect your PC from local E-Mail Application security holes***
***Maintain your Privacy - MS Passport Free***
***Anti SPAM "Whitelist" feature***

http://www.xmail.net Web E-Mail, accessible anywhere, 128 bit SSL Secure

Voice Messages, Voice Calls (VoIP), Video Conferencing, Live Chat,
XMail Messenger, Personal Web Hosting, Private Disk Storage,
Calendar, Bookmarks, Forwarding, Virtual Mail Map Aliasing

XMail Premium: 20 - 250MB Storage, 20MB Messages, SMTP, POP3, Ad Free
Starting at $9.95 per year