pam_group in FBSD 4.8?

Andrew McNaughton andrew at scoop.co.nz
Mon Jun 21 02:46:56 PDT 2004

I've got an offshore server which is running FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE.
Because of the awkwardness of physical access in case of problems.

I would however like to have one of the features to have been added since
4.8 - namely the pam_group access control module.

Can anyone tell me what's involved to retrofit pam_group into FBSD 4.8?
Has anyone done this already?

Are there any alternative pam modules I could use to specify which set of
users can use a given service?

Andrew McNaughton

--

No added Sugar.  Not tested on animals.  May contain traces of Nuts.  If
irritation occurs, discontinue use.

Andrew McNaughton           Living in a shack in Tasmania
andrew at scoop.co.nz          Between the bush and the sea

Mobile: +61 422 753 792     http://staff.scoop.co.nz/andrew/cv.doc
                            http://www.scoop.co.nz/