kdm questions

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 21:49:03 PDT 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:10:07 +1000, Brett Wiggins
<bawig1 at student.monash.edu> wrote:

> hello (again),
>               I am still having some problems with kdm, I have searched
> (again) the archives and the handbook. Below are the steps I took,
> files I edited during setup. After I installed the X window system and
> KDE I created the file ~/.xinitrc which contains;

I have nothing in my ~ dir like .xinitrc or any of that.

My /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d/kdm.sh file contains...

#!/bin/sh
#

PREFIX=/usr/local

case "$1" in
start)
        ${PREFIX}/bin/kdm &
        ;;
stop)
        /usr/bin/killall -KILL -m kdm
        ;;
*)
        echo "Usage: `basename $0` start | stop"
        exit 64
        ;;

esac

exit 0

At that point, kdm defaults take over and startkde ends up getting
executed from /usr/local/share/config/kdm/Xsession.

--
Andy Harrison