Logging the message body from an MTA

Geert Hendrickx geert.hendrickx at ua.ac.be
Fri Jun 18 13:20:58 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 11:22:44PM +0000, Lonnie Santella wrote:
> I need to log the message body of incoming and outgoing messages on my
> FreeBSD 5.2.1 Release server. I'm running Exim right now, but I really
> don't have a preference of MTA. The main thing is I need to facilitate the
> logging of message bodies.

I don't know about Exim, but since you don't care switching MTA, Postfix
has an "always_bcc" option.  Every mail processed by Postfix (both
incoming and outgoing) will be forwarded to that address.  You could
then make that address use procmail or some other pipe to store the
e-mail in your database.

GH