Logging the message body from an MTA

Adam Smith adam at internode.com.au
Thu Jun 17 17:18:15 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 07:43:58PM -0400, Lucas Holt said:
> Maybe you can use procmail.  I had a procmail script that backed up
> messages in another mbox file while you were testing new rules.  You
> could do something similar to backup all incoming messages and then
> write a program that could read the file or use a pop3 interface to
> read the messages and then store them in mysql or whatever.

Changing the topic slightly, but why?  Why not set up a new rule, and then
bounce an existing message to yourself that will match the rule?

That way it retains all the correct headers, and you don't have to sit and
wait for one of those emails to arrive before testing.

That's what I do.

--
Adam Smith
Internode	: http://www.internode.on.net

Dog for sale:  Eats lots and is fond of children.