Is PERC4/Di supported under FreeBSD 5.2.1?

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Thu Jun 17 10:38:55 PDT 2004

In the last episode (Jun 17), login at istop.com said:
> To the owners of a Dell PowerEdge 2600 server running FreeBSD 5.2.1:
>
> I am in the process of a system purchase as above. It is coming with
> PERC4/Di hard drive controller. By looking at the hardware
> compatibility list for 4.10, it is supported. I do not see this same
> piece of hardware on the compatibility list for FreeBSD 5.2.1. Anyone
> comment or suggestion please!

It looks like the 5.2.1 release notes just list the driver name and the
generic device type:

AMI MegaRAID Express and Enterprise family RAID controllers ( amr(4) driver)

But if you click on the amr(4) link, the manpage does list "Dell PERC
4/Di" as one of the cupported controllers, so it is supported on
FreeBSD 5.x.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com