FreeBSD Commands

hoe-waa at hawaii.rr.com hoe-waa at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jun 16 13:02:42 PDT 2004

Aloha
I am always happy to help. I am a real newbie to FBSD
I have been using it for about 6 months. In the early
80's I used cli on Unix V when I worked for the Death
Star company. I was then forced to migrate to Dos and
then to Windows because all the clients needed any
correspondence or proposals in word or excel.
Now that I am retired (the only way to live) I have
played around with linux and have now migrated to FBSD.

I have learned quite a bit in 6 months by lurking and
installing and re-installing and re-installing on 4
different systems that I have pieced together.
Read, study, take notes, lurk and most of all try it out. there is no substitute for doing.
There is so much to learn that this hobby is getting
in the way of my beach time.

Don't be afraid to ask questions and always provide
as much info as possible. Better to be verbose rather
than brief.

With that said, be sure to cc the list when answering
questions or giving info. There are a lot of us lurking out
there and are waiting for the answer.

When you use the linux page, make sure you check the
options against the man pages on your system. There are
differrences and they will bite!

Have fun
Robert