Devil Mascot

Butterworth, Thaddaeus (Manpower Contract) thad.butterworth at hp.com
Tue Jun 15 13:45:04 PDT 2004

Peter,

Very funny. You nearly made me spew coffee all over my monitor.

Edward,

As a committed Christian I have no problem whatsoever with the mascot. I
understand the obvious play on words between a daemon and a demon. Those
who would have problems with this mascot have other, deeper issues that
need dealt with. I think this quote says it all; "Those without a sense
of humor are at the mercy of the rest of us." I also agree with those
who have already mentioned that FreeBSD is not really driven by any
marketing schema. The reason I chose FreeBSD is because I found it
superior to Linux and Windoze, regardless of it's mascot.

Sincerely,

Thad Butterworth

Message: 29