ucom* at uftdi? does not work with getty

Rudolf Cejka cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz
Tue Jun 15 06:52:53 PDT 2004

Richard Kiss wrote (2004/06/14):
> The ports work fine with minicom and modems, but NOT with getty. The
> behaviour of ucomX appears to be similar to cuaaX, not ttydX -- dialing
> a modem attached to ucomX yields auto-answer and a connect just fine,
> but getty does not seem to notice that the line has been picked up and
> does not seem to launch the subprocess.

Hello, maybe you can try to read kern/65769 - it is possible that you
have the same problems as me. PHK currently works on tty implementation,
but I do not know if he is going to fix this problem too.

Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology
Bozetechova 2, 612 66  Brno, Czech Republic