apm support

Henrik W Lund henrik.w.lund at broadpark.no
Tue Jun 15 03:25:34 PDT 2004

ray wrote:
> ok i did that and got it to go in standby mode but i couldnt resume it
 > by tapping keys on the keyboard.
>
>> <snip...>
 >>
>>Do a dmesg | grep apm. If that gets you a line saying something like
>>apm0: <APM BIOS> ... or something like that, it's software disabled. Try
>>an apm -e enable. Then run apm again without arguments, and see if it
>>says enabled. If that doesn't work, I guess it's your apm hardware not
>>being supported. :-/

Were you able to resume it by moving the mouse, or were you unable to
get it out of standby at all? I suppose this is definitely some hardware
  issue. Perhaps not a fault per se, just a limitation of your
particular controller.

As far as I know, there is no way to configure what takes your PC out of
standby/suspend. apmd does have a config file, but apmd is just a
wrapper for apm and its config file states what happens prior and
posterior (can one say this?) to changing into/out of standby/suspend.

Anyways, if a jerk of the mouse will resume it and a keyboard tap won't,
it's still working to some degree, ain't it? ;-)

-Henrik W Lund