aix

scott scott at sporticia.com
Sun Jun 13 05:57:09 PDT 2004

just got back from being sent on one of these myself !

there seemed to be quite a lot of emphasis on AIX and how it works with
storage (IBM storage that is, ESS/Shark) and SAN (about 2 dozen commands
specifically dealing with getting data relating to physical/virtual
storage elements etc. etc.)

they also covered SMIT, the AIX management tool in some depth (it's a
bit like a character based version of Webmin !!)

other than that, fairly common ground, some diefferences in the
locations of certain config files etc. etc., but if you use SMIT then
it's all transparent

_scott