ERserver for Postgres from ports

Frank Knobbe frank at knobbe.us
Thu Jun 10 16:16:17 PDT 2004

Greetings,

I'm curious if anyone had success installing/running the erserver port
(databases/erserver) for Postgresql. It doesn't seem to install all
files properly after ers_setup (had to copy from examples/erserver and
edit them by hand). The next issue was that the Java stuff didn't run.
After looking around in the work directory of the port, I was able to
build (first using ant, then running build.sh) seemingly all required
components. After copying the jar, classes, and lib files/dirs into the
home directory for erserver, I finally got the java stuff to run
(without throwing errors into the log/stderr file). However,
log/replication.log shows these errors:

2004-06-10 17:54:59,807 [main] DEBUG replic - LOGGER STARTED
2004-06-10 17:54:59,832 [main] ERROR replic - ReplicationServer::run:
com.postgres.replic.server.ReplicationException:
ReplicationServer::initializeProps: java.lang.Exception:
ReplicationConfig::loadConfig: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.postgres.replic.server.ReplicationServer.initializeProps(ReplicationServer.java:508)
        at
com.postgres.replic.server.ReplicationServer.run(ReplicationServer.java:139)
        at
com.postgres.replic.server.ReplicationServer.main(ReplicationServer.java:68)

Which looks to me like the Java app needs debugging too now...

Where did I mess up? Most other ports are cleanly installed with make
install, but this one seems to be a nightmare.

I'd really appreciate any clues as to how to get the erserver port
running.

Thanks in advance,
Frank