does NATd _prevent_ use of stateful ipfw rules w/ keep-state?

JJB Barbish3 at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 8 19:59:34 PDT 2004

Thanks for your example. I have finally had time to study it
and I see the flaw in it.

The example works fine for creating the entry in the dynamic table
for setup of keep-state inbound and outbound session start requests.
It even handles inbound packets that are part of an established
session
conversations, But for established outbound session conversations
the check-state rule releases the packet before it has been nated.

There lies in the flaw.

Do you have any suggestions on how to correct this?