AWSTATS Error & Resolution

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Tue Jun 8 15:35:44 PDT 2004

After upgrading perl from 5.8.2 to 5.8.4, following the instructions in
/usr/ports/UPDATING, I found awstats-6.0_1 no longer worked.  I ran
awstats.pl interactively and received the following error:

Bizarre copy of ARRAY in aassign at /path/to/awstats.pl line 8707

After some checking, I found this issue was fixed in awstats.pl revision
1.747.  I downloaded the most current revision (1.755) and replaced the
revision that's included with the port.  This seems to solve the
problem.  YMMV.

Is it appropriate to send a problem report about this?  I've never sent
one so I want to be sure before bugging someone.

Hopefully this post will save others from having to research and resolve
this issue.

Drew

--
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse