FreeBSD.org e-mail addresses

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Tue Jun 8 12:20:43 PDT 2004

At 5:20 AM +0000 6/8/04, Andreas Carnaily wrote:
>Hello All!
>
>I have a strange question and I couldn't answer it myself
>in any documentation.
>Can I get some e-mail address user at FreeBSD.org?
>If I can, what should I do or who should I be?

You have to be an active committer to the FreeBSD project, which
means you have to first get people inside the project who like
your work, and who have the time to mentor you so you know all
the rules of being a FreeBSD committer.

>I need this for working with FreeBSD people and mailing lists.

You should not "need" a freebsd.org address for working with any
FreeBSD person.  If you do, then *that* person should be guiding
you through the process of becoming a committer, or providing you
with some other kind of access if you need special access in
order to work with them.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu