gnome problems

n3rdBoy . destroyingculture at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 00:40:07 PDT 2004

Hello to you all,
                  I am new to freeBSD and this mailing list. I have run into
some problems and am not sure where to post my question. I am running
FreeBSD 5.2 i386 and am having some problems getting gnome to work. I have
searched through the handbook and several other text books but am still
stuck.
         When I am logged in as root X11 and gnome start fine when I type
'startx', when I am logged in as a normal user I type 'startx' and only X11
starts. I have followed the instructions in the handbook and modified
/root/.xsession. any help or direction to other resources would be great.

Thanks

Brett