SPAM

Gary gv-list-freebsdquestions at mygirlfriday.info
Sun Jun 6 18:27:32 PDT 2004

Hi Joshua,

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 17:41:32 -0700 (PDT) UTC (6/6/2004, 7:41 PM -0500 UTC my
time), Joshua Lewis wrote:

J> I received spam from these addresses and they got my name from the mailing
J> list. Is there a way to report these names?
J> pedersen at iijlab.net
J> Marion N. Castle" <marion.castlepv at cidr.jp>

These email addresses are totally meaningless as they are made up / forged.
In fact, most spammers forge all parts of an email, except the last
connecting IP address in the headers (the one your ISP shows connection to).
Sorry, it would do no good as you have presented this currently. You must
trace the last IP address to whom owns that address, and send the full email,
including headers to their abuse dept. I can guarantee it will not be
iijlab.net or cidr.jp  <g>

FWIW, most email lists are harvested by spammers for mail addresses.. just a
fact of life.

--
Gary