FreeBSD TCP/IP

sigsegv at mail.ru sigsegv at mail.ru
Fri Jun 4 01:11:34 PDT 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:21:38 +0600, Yuriy Coureelo <cgg at micran.ru> wrote:

> Dear Sir!
>
> I have a FreeBSD TCP/IP stack. Trying to understand IP program
> realization. I am interested in everything like "struct mbuf", "mbuf
> cluster" and so on. How frames transferred from ethernet driver to ip
> layer. ether_demux(), ipinput() functions.

Have a look at the book written by Richard Stevens "The Implementation
(TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 2)" here is a link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/020163354X/ref=sib_rdr_dp/104-9931268-0446302?%5Fencoding=UTF8&no=283155&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&st=books
I haven't read the book, so I don't know if it has what you're asking, but
I know the book describes BSD TCP/IP implementation in details